RPM monthly meetings have cancelled for the summer but are we sponsoring events for you to attend. The big event, on Sat. June 28th, is the State PDA conference in our area.
Yours truly will be leading a breakout session on single payer healthcare.
Sign up at the PDA website or pay the day of event. We will be forming carpools out of Rockford so let me know if you want to ride together. Check out the information below.
Yours in taking our country forward,
Please plan to attend —
Illinois Progressives Conference: Learning How We Work Together
Rockford Progressive Meetup DFA/PDA has joined with other PDA chapters around Illinois to host a Progressive Conference.
Members of a Illinois’ varied Progressive community will gather to meet each other, discuss, and learn how to work together to bring about Progressive change in Illinois and the nation, in 2008 and beyond.
WHAT: Illinois Progressives Conference: Learning How We Work Together
WHEN: Saturday June 28th
WHERE: Scenic Marvel Davis Farm, near Big Rock, Illinois, see directions below. (about 15 miles west of Aurora)
WHY: To make change, we have to pull together
*More and Better Democrats*
Since 2006, Democrats have controlled the Congress, while in Illinois the Party controls the legislature and the governor’s seat. Yet as a result, what has changed? A progressive agenda is barely mentioned in Washington or Illinois.
That’s why the theme of our Conference is More and Better Democrats: more to maintain our majorities and better to advance our Progressive agenda.
Come together for a day of discussion, planning and inspiration on how to win.
Program (9:00 am to 4:30 pm):
- Panel Discussion: Progressives, Democrats, November 2008 and Beyond
- Issue Breakouts: Single payer health system, electoral skills, economic crisis,
war and occupation, campaign finance reform
- Lessons from past campaigns
- Working together to win electoral and policy victories
- Toward a Progressive caucus in the Illinois Democratic Party
For current agenda, see: pdaillinois.org.
Advance registration fee: $15.00, includes lunch (Let us know if you want vegetarian) At the door, fee: $18.00, including lunch
Online, (pay by credit card) go to: PDA-Illinois web page (pdaillinois.org)
Note: charming facility, but no running water.
We will provide coffee, tea and juice plus tap water in a keg.
Wheel chair accessible
Location: Marvel Davis Farm, 47W 066 Jericho Rd, Big Rock , IL (about 15 miles west of Aurora)
(1) south on 39
(2) Take I-88 east to
(3) to US 30/56 west to Dugan Rd, approx 2mi.
(4) Turn LEFT on Dugan Rd – go 0.1 mi (over tracks);
(5) Turn RIGHT on Granart Rd and drive 3.2 mi to intersection with Jericho Rd (stop sign);
(6) Turn LEFT on Jericho Rd for 0.8 mi to Marvel Davis Farm on the left;